Contact Federal Injury Centers in Denton, Frisco, McKinney, and Dallas, TX instead of attempting to search ACS for an OWCP doctor.
Time after time, we hear injured federal employees complain that they were told to search ACS to find an OWCP doctor near them after they were hurt on the job. ACS FRUSTRATES EVERYONE. It's frustrating for a couple of reasons.
1. Searching Google for "ACS" brings up at least a dozen search results that have nothing to do with federal workers comp. I just did that and here's what I found on the first 2 pages of Google.
- A financial lender (not OWCP)
- American Chemical Society (not OWCP)
- The Census (not OWCP)
- American Cancer Society (not OWCP)
- American College of Surgeons (not OWCP)
- Hearing Protection Devices (not OWCP)
- An Athletic Website (not OWCP)
- An Education Site (not OWCP)
- American Constitution Society (not OWCP)
- An IT Company (not OWCP)
- Hubble Telescope (not OWCP)
- The FAA (not OWCP)
Searching ACS resulted in exactly ZERO search results from a site listing DOL doctors.
2. If you're able to successfully search for ACS, you have to select from 3 programs, of which nearly nobody knows which to select. If they get past this section, they have to select a series of boxes, some of which require the user to have some healthcare knowledge. And IF they get past all of this, the list of doctors is usually very long, and when you call those doctors, MOST OF THEM DON'T ACCEPT OWCP.
Federal Employees constantly complain that searching ACS results in multiple doctors saying they don't accept OWCP.
We're trying to make it easier for injured federal employees to find good, trained, willing, qualified OWCP injury doctors. We travel all over the country educating federal employees on their rights and responsibilities in the event they are injured on the job. The trouble we find in many areas is when people in leadership positions know about these willing and qualified OWCP doctors in their areas, but they STILL TELL PEOPLE TO SEARCH ACS.
ACS is frustrating.
So, if you're reading this and you were told to go to ACS instead of being told about the good, qualified, trained, and willing doctors in your area, hopefully your search resulted in you finding this website. We want to help all federal employees when they get injured at work. The first way we can help you is to make your search for willing OWCP doctors in Denton, Frisco, McKinney, and Dallas, TX a little easier.
Please - don't get frustrated with the ACS website when you need a DOL/OWCP doctor. Call us here. We can help you.